January 14, 2014

For the first time on the ice


It was Sunday afternoon and I thought that I'll make it with my friend to see the Italian movie "La Grande Bellazza" (excuse my non-existent-italian-spelling). But she cancelled and that only opened the door for me to join other friends, who decided to go ice-skating. 

Ice-skating. If I remember right, it was on my "to-do-list-for-2014" - to try all the winter sports. Quite honestly I forgot about ice-skating, at all! For some reason I put only skiing and snowboarding on my list. But then I remembered and decided to go! 

Frankly, it wasn't the very first time I tried ice-skating, but the last time I tried it was long long long time ago, so I basically didn't even remember when and where it was. But all in all, I guess I must have been max 3 times on ice before. Which obviously doesn't count and won't make a pro of me!

Anyway - it was SO MUCH FUN!!! I had more fun than on Friday night out. Seriously. Pretty amazing time and I have to add that I wasn't so useless and lame on the ice. Naturally could be better, but I didn't fall!! Which is worth the medal for me :)

Do I have to add that the best part of it was when we decided to have a chai latte afterwards? Let's keep it a secret and enjoy the ice! Can't wait to try it again next weekend.

How about you - Have you ever tried ice-skating? Does the weather in your home allow it? Share your stories!

Lenka, xx

PS: Sorry for the crappy photo, but it was night and my iPhone is old, lol.


6 comments:

  1. Am glad you got to go out with friends after all and have a great time. I've only tried ice skating twice in my life and that was as a kid and I was horrible at it. I would have fallen on my backside, haha. But, it's good to get out with friends and enjoy yourself and touch on one of your goals too :)) I hope your day is going grand doll xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks for your support, doll! I think that it doesn't really matter what you do, the most important is to have fun and be with people you love. So I am super sure that even you'd star ice-skating being surrounded by friends :) xo

      Delete
  2. OMG, I am so excited. We are going on Saturday with some friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have an amazing time! It's such a fun fun fun! xo

      Delete
  3. I'd love to ice skate, I've never done :(
    Kisses
    http://unachicasual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that one day you'll have a chance to try this sport as well - it's a pure fun! x

      Delete

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts with me! x